Wednesday, April 21, 2010

filling rooms with what?

craigslist ad:

$275 Two rooms available CHEAP!!! (L______ University)

Located just seconds from campus. We have three rooms filled, just
need two more. We are waiting until we have all five on board to
renew/sign the lease, which would be between June 1st 2010, and May
31st 2011. The rent total for 5 is $1250 per month, and per person it
varies depending on the size your room. This last year, it averaged
out to between $300 and $375 for everything, including utilities,
cable, etc. This is a hell of deal, so act fast. Please email me with
any questions.

-----------

I'm interested in the cheap rooms. You said you had two rooms filled.
Maybe this is private but if you don't mind me asking, what did you
fill them with? I've lived places where rooms were used as storage
before, but occasionally they can become infested if the person
filling the room with stored goods seals them improperly -- especially
if they include foodstuffs.

Please let me know as soon as possible (ASAP).

Beth

------------

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The are 5
bedrooms, and we have 3 people ready to sign the lease. That leaves
two more people needed to "fill" the house. We are three college males
entering our senior year next year. For the most part, the house is
pretty quiet, we mostly hang out in our rooms. Here is a couple of
questions that will help us narrow down our possible roommates. Do you attend L_______? How old are you? Do you have any pets?

Thanks for the consideration,
D_______

------------

Maybe I'm being obtuse but I am not asking who will "fill" the rooms.
I am asking what they will be "fill"ed with. I do not have a problem
with pets -- I don't have any myself -- but I hope that is not what
you are planning to "fill" a room with. I lived with a guy who
"fill"ed a room with birds and it was incredibly annoying. Also the
sheer amount of foodstuffs consumed by this room of birds imposed
budget constraints that brought the whole situation (the housing
agreement etc) crashing down due to unfulfilled obligations.

Thank you in advance for being patient with me.

Beth

--------------

We are filling the rooms with people. We don't have any pets and we
keep our food in the kitchen.

--------------

People can fill rooms. Machines, such as construction equipment, can
also fill rooms (for instance with cement). What I am asking you is:
WHAT will the rooms be filled with? For instance, one plausible answer
would be "oats." Or any other foodstuff. I will consider living in the
room that is available depending on WHAT will fill the other room.

Thanks for your rapid replies, and I'm sorry I haven't been more clear.

Beth

--------------

I changed my mind, We are filling all our rooms with bird and oats. Lots and lots of oats. You probably wouldn't be interested in living here.

--------------

Wait birds and oats or just oats? It sounds like you have a lot of oats, and despite what you seem to think I am interested in living there. In fact, this amplifies my interest: in my opinion if there is an arc of foodstuffs, oats stand alone at its zenith.

Maybe we can meet for coffee or even breakfast. Since you seem inundated with oats, perhaps we possibly could share the plenitude and hold palaver on your providence?

Thank you for clearing up the issue, although I feel there may still be a measure of misunderstanding between us. I appreciate your continued patience.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment