Wednesday, October 27, 2010

device-mageddon

craigslist ad: DEVICE CREATION PROJECT

Hi,

I need someone who can design an add-on to an existing device for me.
I need to interface with it via USB. No other details at this time.

----

Hello:

I might be your girl.

Beth

----

Beth,

What's your background?

R_____

----

I left school after tenth grade. I earned my Ph.D every day creating devices. You can't get it in a book. Creating devices is about instinct -- about smellin' it. Creatin' devices is an art.

----

I like that, Beth.

Can you see your way to adding USB connectivity to a device?

----

I've added USB connectivity to them all.

----

What types of devices have you done that for already?

----

I scraped together some money, bought some old equipment, a little bench. I set up a rig and built my first device. Then I sat there and watched her soak up the sun for six months -- waiting for this baby to pop. Everybody told me to quit. I wouldn't listen.

----

I didn't get that.  What do you mean?

----

I have been creating devices on the earth for thirty years. And I have never, never missed a connectivity that I have aimed for. And by God, I am not gonna miss this one.

----

You're talking in code. Can you be specific about the devices?

----

I will make the connection. I swear to God I will.

----

Thanks for replying, Beth. I won't be chatting with you anymore. Take care.

----

You take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment